Friday, April 11, 2014

Five on Friday

Do we like this five on Friday thing? Yes? No? Whatever? It seems to be the one place I can keep all of my ramblings brief and abbreviated (sort of).  


So let's get to it! Here's what five things I'm talking about today...

{one}

The husband's birthday was this past week, and I got him a Ninja Blender. Birthdays are just so romantic & fun when you're old, right? To be fair, he's been talking about this thing for about 2 years now. And if I'm being truthful, this gift is a win-win for everyone since I'd be using it too. But as it turns out, I'm just meh about it. I had such high hopes for this thing. But my green smoothie didn't blend so well and I felt like I was chewing on a lawn. The husband on the other hand is a fan...sort of (I suppose that's good to know since it was his gift). But then he later admitted that he didn't notice much difference between it and our 10-year old Oster blender. And then he broke a glass after making this smoothie. So never mind. He doesn't really like it now. 


We're off to a rough start with this thing. #birthdaygiftwin
 
{two}




via
I've seen several DIY kids kitchen sets out there, but this one seems up my alley. Like, I could probably put this together myself. It's basic yet still adorable that even if it doesn't turn out looking exactly like this, our 17-month old will still think it's awesome anyway. I mean, it's not like she's judging me on my creative abilities. Then again, she's my child, so she probably is.


{three}


I've been wearing the hell out of this sweater since I bought it 2 weeks ago. To work, out to dinner, to birthday parties...there is a 100% chance you've seen me wearing this more than once in a week. It's like I've morphed into Jenny from the block (don't laugh, you know you think the JLo line at Kohl's is cute).





{four}


I didn't think I'd be able to say this in 2014, but the temperatures have risen to over 50 freaking degrees this week. So naturally, that called for floral pants.
 



{five}
Funny Weekend Ecard: It's Friday. Please commence losing your shit, in excited anticipation of the weekend.
via

And with that, I'm off to enjoy my weekend. TGIF y'all!

 

1 comment :

  1. Hi Katie, I love that little child's kitchen set too. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished